Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Keyword Academy Article Directories

One of the hidden gems of The Keyword Academy's cheap paid membership program is their article directories. I have recently performed a test using them to see if it would help me make money with Hubpages. In fact, it already has.

About 2 weeks ago I slammed one hub with 40 different links from the Keyword Academy's article directories. (I did it all at once.) 4 keywords were targeted... Here are the before and after rankings:

Keyword 1
2 weeks ago rank = 46th
Now rank = 7th

Keyword 2
2 weeks ago rank = 18th
Now rank = 7th

Keyword 3
2 weeks ago rank = 10th
Now rank = 7th

Keyword 4
2 weeks ago rank = 46th
Now rank = 5th

The anchor text in my links were split up 25% to each of the 4 keywords. And it's in a higher competition niche than Court suggests getting into. Number One is an Amazon PR5.

Now I am spreading my TKA Article Directory link building out amongst a bunch of hubs that I view have high money making potential. In order to really make money with Hubpages, it is very helpful to have access to 50 different domains on which you can post a bunch of little 125 word posts, each with one link pointing to a hub.

My big question when I did this experiment was if the hub would be penalized for spammy backlinks. I didn't think it would, but I was surprised at how quickly it shot up the rankings... as well as how far. In the two weeks since I posted all the links, I have made a little over $12 in Amazon earnings alone from this one hub.



From that graph, it doesn't look hugely impressive. You can kind of see how the Google traffic had begun to die down after the initial New Content Bonus.

This next graph (from Google Analytics) shows how the new links directly correlated to a complete turnaround in the weekly search engine traffic to the hub:



What that graph doesn't show is that the traffic is notably more focused now. Keyword1 is dinging several times a day. Will it continue to grow or will I have to add some more links? I have resolved not to touch it in anyway until a month of data is in.

Now, it took me several hours to knock out forty 125-word articles and to actually post them to The Keyword Academy article directories. Since then, their system has been upgraded and made faster. It has become my new favorite tool in order to make money on Hubpages.

From now on, though, I will spread out my link building so that it looks more natural. Instead of attacking one hub all at once, I'm currently planning out spreadsheets that will keep me organized in hitting all the hubs I want to "nurture" a little bit at a time. If I understand Google's algorithm as well as I think I do, then the same amount of links will have a much more powerful and long-lasting effect when spread out over at least 2 months.

The Keyword Academy is the perfect complement in order to make money with Hubpages.

14 comments:

  1. Very cool Nat. That's an amazing jump in the SERPS for your *4* keywords from 40 links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben. Yeah they just jumped a little bit again for the first time in awhile:

    KW1 - 6th
    KW2 - 6th
    KW3 - 7th
    KW4 - 4th

    Although maybe this is a result of linking to it in this hub. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, Means writing hubs only makes no sense. Until you give them good links. What about linking from e-zine links.
    If we add one ezine to hubs. then do we need to add 40 links per hub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I say you need to add 40 links to your hubs? No I didn't. It was an experiment. The keywords in the example are harder to rank for than the ones I would normally go for, so it was a perfect example to see the effect of a ton of links - because they wouldn't top out (i.e. hit their limit) at #1.

    Yes one Ezine is better than one Keyword Academy link.

    More links are always better; you just have to figure out what is worth it and what is not. That hub made me over $4 yesterday, AND I can still get it higher in the SERPS. But I won't try to do that until the experiment has run for 30 days. This way my link timing is spaced out.

    Hubs are legit; you can't deny that they are a quick route into higher results, even if you don't back them up with links. If you don't have an aged site that you can put content on, then Hubpages are one of your best bets for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, how many hubs do you have?? What is your target something like ben?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have about 2,800 hubs on various accounts.

    I have no target. I do this all for the learning of it. For me, there is nothing more fun than reverse engineering Google's algorithm. The only way to do that is to throw a bunch of stuff out there and always be observing.

    It reveals itself to you. And this knowledge actually gives you insight into the way G's engineers think - and more importantly how they will think in the future.

    By planning a certain site x months or years out in the future, then I can for sure be #1 when predictable event y occurs and more so I can be SOLIDLY situated there.

    Almost no one has figured out the value of predicting searches which will occur in the future but haven't occurred yet. NEW searches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you wrote all of them or bought it from somewhere from forums. If you wrote all of them. Then,i say unbelievable. How many years you are working on hubs.
    I am not very happy with hub pages performance. Others adsense revenue is rank bit decent. I don't like when Google rank you hubpages.com/hub/xyz/hot

    This hot means various article rank in order of their points. Say 97, 90, 85 etc.

    But other websites like xomba and info barrels rank bit decent on google i guess. I added bunch of hubs. They get 40 impressions from Google and 40 from yahoo. What the hell, yahoo is ten percent of searches from google by volume. And at least yahoo ranks with particular url not like HOT in the end.

    But i earn $2 from some articles per day hubs. Without lot of traffic. but, traffic is not consistent. If i make 50 articles like that $100 per day like ben. But we need to throw at least 500 hubs. to get those $2 hubs per day.

    How much you are earning from those 2,800 hubs. You should be earning at least $700 per day from hubs. i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only been writing hubs for a few weeks. At the moment I am not sure how its going, too early to tell. For the adsense - is it possible to create a unique hubpage channel? Also, I am curious about the author rating - If you have so many hubs is your rating massive?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete