Monday, June 15, 2009

36 Hour Update


Sign up for Hubpages for free

9 hubs done in 36 hours. Not exactly on pace, I don't think.

1 hub / 4 hours = 300 hubs /1200 hours

1200 hours / 24 hours/day = 50 days

So, at this pace it'll take me 50 days to get to my goal of 300 hubs.

Why did I slow up?

I was so raring to go, but -- I hesitated because I started worrying about the fact that I don't have a way to get an Adsense account. I so curse the day I lost that now. What an idiotic thing to happen. If not for that, I'd be tearing through Hubs.

Hubpages are simply amazing. Anyone who might ever read this blog I'm sure will already know that, but I'm only learning it as we speak here. One question that still remains for me here is: will hubs fall quickly after their initial new content bonus? And after they fall, will they stay down? And how much will it take to prop up hubs at that point? (i.e. links)

How I'm approaching my Goal to Master Amazon sales on Hubpages

My strategy at the moment is basically this:
  1. Wisely pick a niche/keyword/idea to go after.
  2. Throw shit at that wall.
  3. Spend a good deal of time, effort, and thought on each of these before I throw them against the wall.
  4. Throw it at the wall.
  5. Go back and pick out a new target/keyword.
  6. Repeat.
  7. Et cetera.
Don't worry if that doesn't make sense. It makes sense to me, and it's what I'm doing. If it actually shows results, I'll flesh it out a lot more and concentrate on communicating my style.

Because I'm focusing on Amazon and not Adsense (at all), I'm applying some different keyword selection than Court and Mark recommend. In short, a good Adsense keyword can be a bad Amazon keyword and vice versa.

Example: "bad credit mortgage" is I think a great Adsense keyword. It probably has almost no A-zon worth. I think that customer is looking to get free information quick and fast; he doesn't want to order a book about how to get a fucked up mortgage for his shitty credit score and wait three fuckin weeks for it. Dial 1-800-OBAMA. It's quicker. (j/k)

For instance, I just did a mammoth 2,500 word post about five books that meant a lot to me. (Over on Hubs.) This is a real shit thrown at the wall type of hub. I am doing it mainly to see what happens. Does it pull in more long tails? Does Google like it better or worse? Does it gain me some sort of Hubluv? Is there even such a thing? I have an Amazon link to go buy the book at the end of each pod about each book.

This is the fun part of Hubs -- throwing shit out there and seeing what happens. Oooh it's such a surprise!

I link some hubs together and don't link others to see what happens differently to them. It's a really great science lab like that. You can pick up patterns better. I think picking up patterns is the real job of an Internet Marketer. If you can't do that, then you can probably make a living just following someone else's direction like Court. But if you can see patterns yourself, and the subtler the better, then you can go fishing for bigger fish and operate with more... diversity's not the word... ehhhh... with your eggs in a bunch of different baskets whatever that's called in investing. But you can grab fruit early on, too, etc., etc. If you're a good pattern seer you'll come up with internet marketing techniques no one else has invented yet. That has to be a good thing. All things equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment